Six ways to make your collection buckets more effective:
1. Go Custom-Made
Manufacturers have teams of engineers and product and graphic designers who will work with you to create the perfect one for your requirements. They will have a wealth of experience from other charities’ designs too, so don’t be afraid to pick their brains.
2. Keep It Simple
Go for something eye-catching but not too complicated - sometimes a simpler approach can have more impact.
3. Keep Donations Visible
If you have a transparent bucket it shows other people have donated and can encourage new donators to do the same.
4. Add A Note ‘Garnish’
Empty containers are far less likely to attract donations. And it helps to have a larger denomination note on top - people are more likely to make a larger donation if they see others already have.
5. Could It Have A Dual Purpose?
If the location is appropriate, could the donation point double as a leaflet or brochure dispenser? If at a venue, for example, you could work with the organisers and add a leaflet dispenser.
6. Location, Location, Location
Choose a location where there is high footfall, but not where you might cause an obstruction. Visitors to shops and centres are generally more likely to donate on their way out, rather than on their way in when they have an objective in mind.
Add some QR Code magic
But the single most effective way to improve the design of your buckets is to add a little technology! Simply displaying a QR Code at your collection location can boost your donations today - and right into the future.
Here are just five of the benefits:
- In an increasingly cashless society, it gives people a quick and easy way to pay using their smartphones.
- Using different QR Codes for each location gives you an instant picture of which locations are most effective.
- You can capture GDPR-compliant data and re-market to them at a later date.
- Larger donation options can be offered to increase collection totals.
- They’re easy to use - just sign up and everything will be sorted for you.
So what’s the next step?
Sign up now and instantly increase the performance of your collection buckets. Pay yearly and it costs just £10 a month (saving you £60) and includes the generation of your QR Code, or Codes, which is all done for you in seconds.